Nelson Amble In Cottage has been lovingly restored with quality furniture and furnishings.
It is surrounded with well kept gardens and one hectare of farmland which overlooks the adjoining rural property where cows craze, most likely, the only visitors you will encounter during your stay.
Guests are welcome to take the walk across the paddocks to the Glenelg River and to wander along the National Park which is untouched scrubland apart from kangaroo tracks.
Imagine waking up to the sun coming up over the nearby undulating countryside.
When originally purchased the cottage consisted of 4 main rooms with a centre passage and a lean-to back area with bathroom/laundry and small sleep out.
The owners have made a significant investment in renovating the cottage:
- Converting the original kitchen into the living room
- Removing the lean-to and adding a new stone open space extension with a modern kitchen, pantry with front loading washing machine and a dining area
- The original front lounge room was converted into the Yellow Bedroom
- The huge claw bath discovered in the laundry was rejuvenated in Adelaide
- The original second bedroom had the floor removed and replaced with a concrete floor. Several dividing walls were added to form a generous bathroom with separate shower, separate toilet and a storeroom for linen and supplies
- An outdoor area was added with two storerooms
- Outside are fish cleaning facilities – a sink and a trough, both with hot and cold water
- A gas hot water service ensures continues hot water
- The rain water tank provides rain water with a backup supply of good clean bore water
- The gardens and lawns have been designed to compliment the style of the cottage whilst providing areas for relaxation